Descriptive language from Bramhall Hall

October 4, 2017

I have been trying to make a slideshow of our Bramhall Hall visit, but there is a problem with the website I use.

While waiting for that, why don’t we rehearse some of the descriptive language techniques we use to make our writing interesting?   I thought we could do it by imagining we are back in Bramhall Hall.

Here’s mine.

Holding on to the thick, red rope, I carefully climbed the creaky, wooden staircase to the dancing room upstairs.  Once in the room, I enjoyed listening to our friendly guide teach us how to do a simple, Tudor dance.  All around, the walls were covered in precious, old paintings that the Davenport family must have enjoyed a lot.  Imagine having your own dance floor!  That would be a wonderful thing to share with friends at a party.

Entry Filed under: Uncategorized. Posted in  Uncategorized .

10 Comments Add your own

•    Kayden  |  October 9th, 2017 at 2:59 pm     Reply

Walking down the narrow hallway, we turned into a room were we made smelly thingimajigs.

•    Orla Mai Alicia  |  October 9th, 2017 at 3:04 pm     Reply

We thought that Bramhall Hall was a bit creepy, because lots of things were wooden. 🙁

•    Mr. Sumner  |  October 9th, 2017 at 3:07 pm     Reply

I loved all the wood parts!

•    Scarly and abi  |  October 9th, 2017 at 3:08 pm     Reply

I closed the creaking wooden door to the priesthole. I made my way out of the dusty small bedroom. Looking out of the window, I saw piles of people queuing to get in. I made my way to the twisting stairs, then I Iooked at the pictures of the Davenport family.

That was our piece of writing

•    Izzy  |  October 9th, 2017 at 3:20 pm     Reply

Bramhall Hall is really fun it had old paintings and strange plus interesting furniture I can’t wait for the photos to go on the blog.

•    ib  |  October 9th, 2017 at 3:23 pm     Reply

i was not on the trip but Mrs cooper told me about it:

Each step i took on the staircase echoed to the ceiling and made 4 more ahead of me.I felt a cold breeze on the back of my shoulder. At the top of the staircase there was a Tudor dance room, the walls were wooden paneled so it was a bit warmer than the stairs.

•    Archie and Isaaq  |  October 9th, 2017 at 3:26 pm     Reply

Hi our favourite room is maiden room .Because we made smelly patches out of lavender and dried rose petals (by Archie and Isaaq)
    We also enjoyed the smell.
    Now our story..
    As I walked up the crucked stairs I got roap burn and a twisted ankle I could hear my sister in her room and she had the preist in her room and then an army came so she hid him in the preist hole.

•    Eliza  |  October 9th, 2017 at 3:29 pm     Reply

I loved Bramhall it taught me so much about the Tudor times.

Now I know why they put on the ruffs, for 2 reasons: 1 for fashion 2 to

catch the fleas .The medicine was off the hook, they were so weird.

•    Millie  |  October 9th, 2017 at 3:30 pm     Reply

Bramhall Hall is really FUN it’s full of exciting activity’s and has a lot of story’s to tell. One of my favourite thing’s to do there was look at the secret room in the lady’s dressing room. I LOVED BRAMHALL HALL!!!!!!

•    Scarlett Moss  |  October 10th, 2017 at 6:11 pm     Reply

Tapping on the windows,
    Walking down the stairs,
    Danceing in the hall,
    Making bracelets that smell,
    Playing all the instruments,
    Writing a fancy name,
    Look at the priest hole,
    This is my trip to a Bramle Hall.